Tips and Techniques
How do I delete a record?
A record/book can only be deleted if it is not out on loan. The system will give a warning message if you are not allowed to delete the record.
- Ensure that the document that you want to delete is displayed
- Highlight the Record selector bar on the left hand side of the record and press the Delete button on the keyboard.
- A warning message will ask “Are you sure you want to remove this document?”
How to load multiple books with the same title?
- Load the first document/ volume of, for example, a set of encyclopaedias
- Enter the remaining number of copies to be loaded in this yellow field No of Copies. (Always 1 less than the total number of copies. If you have 10 copies, enter 9.
- Click on the button. The system will display a message: System will now create 9 copies of the document.
- Click on the button
- Refresh the form by clicking on the Reset button.
- Move to the last record on your database by clicking on the arrow indicating Last Record in the Record Navigation Bar
- With the arrow pointing to the left click until the first record of the specific title is displayed.
- Move to the next record which is the second book, click on Gen ACC to activate the next Accession number.
How do I find a specific book?
- Look for the Universal Find heading at the top of the for.
- Move with the cursor to the blank field on the right hand side of Universal Find.
- Click on the drop down arrow and select the option that is known to you.
- Move with the cursor to the next blank field on the right hand side and scan or type the known option.
- Click on Find.
- The required option is displayed.
- Click on the Reset button before moving to the next record.
Does the system restrict the number of books to be borrowed?
The Borrower Type determines how many books a borrower may borrow.
To define the number of books that each borrower may borrow:
- Click on the Administration tab: Borrower Definition.
- Move to the required borrower type and type the number of books that may be borrowed in the No of Documents field.
How to ignite a love of reading in children?
Visit the following webpage
How do I load textbooks and assets on the library administration system?
You cannot load textbooks and/or assets into PowerLib. There is a specific software package for textbooks (PowerBooks) and one for assets (PowerAsserts).
Is it necessary to save new records or changes?
It is not necessary to save a record after you entered it into the system. The system saves all records automatically.
How do I navigate between fields?
Press to move to a new field and to move to the previous field.